This website, www.acolourfulescape.com.au is owned and operated by A Colourful Escape (ABN 33 136 392 449). If you have any questions or need further information, please contact:
A Colourful Escape
Mail: P.O. Box 309, Deeragun QLD 4818
We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
We understand that some personal information is particularly sensitive.
We may ask you to provide us with sensitive information including:
- Date of birth
- Address and contact details
- Payment details
- Information about your personal interests
We will only collect this sensitive information in order to build a detailed profile of your interests and to serve you in the most convenient way possible. The information will be collected from you personally, or through forms and surveys.
Your sensitive information will be stored online on our servers. It may be shared with third-parties for payment and order processing. Some personal information may be shared with third parties for marketing purposes. You can always opt-out of our marketing emails and advertisements.
You must be over 18 or have parental permission to purchase from this online store.
We take your privacy seriously. Any personal information shared with us is held in confidence.
Confidential information may be shared and stored with third parties engaged for marketing analytics, marketing distribution, payment and order processing, for A Colourful Escape.
We do not share or sell your personal information for third parties to market to you directly.
If you engage with us via this website, we may ask to collect the following kinds of personal information from you, including:
- Your contact details
- Your physical and mailing address,
- Your contact email address and mobile phone number,
- Your birthday,
- Your personal interests,
- Your credit card details.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect your personal information by various means including:
- Questionnaires and inquiry forms,
- When you email us directly,
- Newsletter subscriptions and promotional opt-ins,
- Webinars and other events, and
- Shop checkout forms.
We may collect limited information about you from a third party, for example when someone refers you to us, or tags you in one of our social media posts.
Use of Personal Information
We may collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your enquiries;
- To provide you with products and services;
- To fulfil your orders;
- To monitor the satisfaction of our clients;
- To provide you with news about our products and services;
- To improve our products and services; and
- To provide you with news about A Colourful Escape.
Reasons why we may disclose your personal information include:
- To carry out your instructions to us;
- To provide goods and services to you; and
- To enable us to efficiently use our support services.
In order to do this, we may share some relevant personal information with:
- Our employees;
- Independent contractors;
- Third Party Software companies.
Third party service providers who assist us with tasks such as:
- Inbox management;
- Social media and helpdesk support;
- Order Fulfilment and Delivery;
- Business & Marketing Consulting;
- Website Design, Hosting and Management;
- Payment Processing;
- Technology Services; and
- Customer Relations Management.
We will also disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act – for example, where [I/we] have reasonable grounds to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in, and in response to a subpoena, discovery request or a court order.
If you have any concerns regarding the disclosure of your personal information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us to discuss this personally.
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information. However without certain personal information we cannot process your shop order.
We take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We manage risks to your personal information by storing your files securely and providing access on a strict need-to-know basis.
From time to time we may store information with the following service providers:
- Mailchimp: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Gmail/Google Services: https://www.google.com/intl/en-IN/policies/privacy/
Access to Information
You can contact us to access, correct or update your personal information at any time. Unless we are subject to a confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information which permits us to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, and we believe there is a valid reason for doing so, we will endeavour to make your information available you.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting:
- The Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner (https://www.oaic.gov.au), the Australian supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Notification of Change
Policy last updated: 26 May 2019